24.11.11

Sewing Box.

before

I bought this ages ago at an oppy for $1 – mostly because of the plastic pineapple crochet hook it had inside which was exactly the same as the one my mother had tried (& failed) to teach me how to crochet with.

lid2

The lid was very cute but very stained – it also looked like a little girl’s sewing box, so yesterday when I was cleaning up & found it under my bedside drawers I thought I’d try to do something with it. The inside was stained too, & one of the little cords that held the lid up was snapped, so I pulled that all out.

sewing box

It was harder than I thought it would be. The lid was pretty straight forward but once I’d ripped out the innards I sat staring at it for a while, wondering what I was going to do next & whether I really wanted to bother at all, it was that ugly duckling stage that a lot of projects go through & only experience helps you to know that you’ve got to keep going; experience & the fact that you’ve spent too long on what you've already done to forget about it now.

inside

I’d be happier if I had a better quality staple gun – but when in doubt, use lots & lots & lots of glue.

17 comments:

  1. Awesome! You've given me great inspiration to fix up an old circular one I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you have done a brilliant job Vic! I wouldn't know where to start with something like that. Its gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so much better now! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that is just perfect...what a fab makeover!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It came up great! But, what I want to know is, what does a plastic pineapple crochet hook look like??? It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous! Must go find one for myself to do up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it!! It looks gorgeous after your make over

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Amazing what a little fabric, doilies, ric rac and a lot of glur can do:) Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Vic, she is a beauty. Though I am half surprised that there isn't a daschund theme going on... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely Vic. I still have my sewing box (which is just like this one) from when I was a girl ~ they are so nice and actually handy! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks fab now. Out with the old and in with the Granny inspired new!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cute! I so need to buy a staple gun actually. Everytime I need one I borrow my brother in laws. I've used it that many times I should just buy my own.I might put that on the Christmas list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute - and you say you're not a crafter!
    love it and the photos from your holiday. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great, love the ripple trim! pineapple hook? im not that sure what it is either.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sensational job. Would love to see a pic of the pineaple crochet hook...you've got me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice job with the sewing machine!

    bxx

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat. And a biscuit. And some tea. And another biscuit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin