17.10.11

Opinions? ::UPDATED::

largeicons

The lovely lady with whom I am discussing the Geelong Brown Owls with, upon visiting my blog, suggested I might want to draw a logo for the group. I love a project (in fact, it’s almost the only way to get me to do anything…) so of course I agreed, but I decided that I wanted to do a “proper” logo, something a bit slicker than one of my drawings would be, & have been playing around in Inkscape.

smalliconsoutline

I still think I am an absolute beginner with this program & don’t want to tell you how long it took me to get to this stage via various tutorials & helpful tips, but I would like to know what you think of these?

largeiconsnooutline

Which do you prefer (I won’t tell you my favourite)? I was going for a retro vibe, but not being a Graphic Designer I’m not sure if I’ve done enough or too much or am on the completely wrong track altogether!

thickoutline

:: I listened to Nic (She IS an expert after all) & although I had tried the thick outline with the beige oval last night, I didn’t really like it. Tried again this morning with fresh eyes & was happier, but had to add something… so below is yet another option. I like it! ::

owlnestpng

31 comments:

  1. Excellent work - I love Inkscape!!
    I vote for C .... but ... if you were up for edits, I would do A with a beige circle around it like C has cos I like the dark brown shaddowy effect on the owl more in A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore all of these.I think C is my favorite.

    I'm going to have to check out inkscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like a or c
    janine

    ReplyDelete
  4. C for me too, but I do like Nic's suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All very nice but I think I would have to go with A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them, Vic. A is my fave with C not far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like D the best as I like the brown outline but the scissors in the centre keep saying "snip" and I'm not sure about their placement.... Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it - I think the nest is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for C as well....very well done..and very cute...cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the last one , with the nest.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the last one too. A Mama owl with her crafty eggs in her nest. Sweet sweet sweet.

    You have done an excellent job, especially for someone who considers themselves to be a novice at these things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's "A" or "C" for me! Well done, these are amazing - and I'd keep the "not a graphic designer" thing quiet, noone would ever know!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that I see them all together - the last one is THE BOMB - excellent work. I would be proud to wear that badge! Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A or C for me. I like the concept of the nest but the others win on simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Egg shapes instead of circles?
    But really, they're all great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, that's a tough one, but it seems to be A that grabs me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would say 'A', assuming it doesn't have a set background, because then it could go on anything.... i.e. add a branch for stationery, etc., or sit in the crest of the moon, etc.,...you did ask...lol... :) Happy crafting, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your sweet little owls! Clever girl! I must investigate inkscape!! Thank you so much for my gorgeous little sausage dog bunt - love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i like the second one the best. I feel like the last one is a bit busy. I like the three images a bit larger and outside the owl. What a cute concept!

    I stumbled upon your blog and just wanted to say hi!

    come on over and visit!

    colorissue.blogpsot.com

    xoxox,
    Aarean

    ReplyDelete
  20. I vote for C - can wait to hear your decision

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think you're really clever! I like C the best!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love tham! You're a genius ... I'd love to be able to do that ... I'm envious :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow, awesome work! I like A with a beige circle.

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat. And a biscuit. And some tea. And another biscuit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin