5.5.11

Perfect timing.

I was in town yesterday with Suspence when we accidentally drove by a new oppy. Of course I did a U-turn at the first possible moment & hurried back for a peruse.

tick

Suspence was not at all in the mood for opping though & although I did see a commemorative plate of Charles, Di, a young Will & a baby Harry (so should have bought it to sell on Ebay… kicking myself!), there wasn’t much in the way of treasure so after a quick look we headed back out; but just as we were leaving I saw a little collection of clocks on a table that was absolutely not there when we came in.

These two had to be mine. When I took them to the counter the woman said “Well I put those out at the right time didn’t I?”.

tock

They are so great. The pink one is my favourite – when was the last time you saw something that was made in Scotland, that wasn’t a person?? (I say this as I have lately taken to watching the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I don’t know if I like it yet, but it’s kind of weird & I like weird…) I wanted to put it in Punk’s room but once wound it ticks SO LOUD. I think they may have used it in movies to indicate THERE IS A BOMB HERE, YA HEAR?! Serious ticking then. It spent the night in the kitchen but I’ve moved it now out to the sewing room, it’s that noisy.

back

The other is much more delicate sounding & oh how I would love it next to the bed… but Stoopid Head is all “I can’t sleep with a ticking clock around!” & as much as I want to retort “Well, I can’t sleep with a snoring snory-butt around!”, I know he’d whinge too much for me to be able to enjoy the gentle ticking so it will have to live elsewhere.

I love my opping luck. Love it. I could only be happier if I had lotto luck….!

12 comments:

  1. You must have some awesome karma built up, lady...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty spesh. Do they tick tock loudly though?? I have a vision of the start of a clock collection tick tocking and cuckooing at all hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most excellent finds, lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE them, and love the story, a true story of meant to be.
    And i think it's cute they tick loudly xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry..too busy laughing at the scotland joke... (he is weird & ohh so funny)
    lovin the clocks, ticking is like a dripping tap, once you notice it that's it, tick, tock, tick tock...
    oppie karma done good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The oppy genies were smiling on you :)
    I love vintage clocks and don't mind the ticking of them...it's what I grew up with.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me snort my tea. Snoring snory-butt :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The clocks are great! I found a great one recently at an oppy too.... but I had to send it out of the bedroom because of the loud ticking. The sound of my snoring snory-butt partner is more than enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yes, loving both of these.
    (and don't you love the Scottish accents?!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at those sad faces on their backs will ya. They really do want to spend more time with the family. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Accidentally" drove past an oppy... Is that possible? Or were you stalking the oppies?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb! Love the off-white one. Yes. Love it. Love, love, love :).

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat. And a biscuit. And some tea. And another biscuit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin